You know I’ve been looking forward to this movie since it was announced, and not because I’m a Superman fan (Marvel all the way, baby!) But we went to see it Saturday afternoon and I enjoyed it. I ADORED the first hour, the stuff on Krypton and Henry “finding himself.” Loved the second hour less, because it was very reminiscent of THOR, but the ending was great. Here are some of my take-aways.
1) Diane Lane is a year younger than me. Holy crap. I know she was meant to look older and the long hair didn’t help, but…holy crap.
2) LOTS of the scenes are in the previews. LOTS. My fault for hunting down as many previews as I could, I guess.
3) Henry Cavill is beautiful. With a shirt, without a shirt. Beautiful.
4) Michael Shannon is hella creepy.
5) Russell Crowe looked pretty darn good.
6) Loved the twist.
7) Needed more humor.
8) Metropolis people are a hardy bunch. Buildings raining down around you? Let’s go to the museum!
9) I always wondered about the glasses as a disguise thing, until I had my LASIK. Now I can walk by people I’ve known 20 years and they don’t know me. Henry, however, I would know.
Have you seen it? Did you like it?