Usually the last week of May=the last week of school, but we started a week later in August, so…8 more days.
1) Survive the talent show. It was SUPPOSED to have been Friday but 3rd grade scheduled a field trip that day, and several kids were in the talent show, so we rescheduled it for Tuesday. GUESS WHAT? Third grade’s field trip got rained out, and they were back in PLENTY of time. So I’m stuck stressing about the talent show for the three day weekend.
2) Survive field day. The one thing more stressful than the talent show is Field Day. I like to be outside if it’s cool and shady and I can sit down. Not hot in the middle of the field with 600 kids, FYI.
3) Work on novella.
4) Finish edits on DLB and send to my formatter.
5) Clean out the “junk” bedroom so we can store the stuff Josh will be taking back to Austin in there. I figure packing up my old dishes and glasses to send with him will also serve the purpose of cleaning out my cabinets!
6) Faculty meeting
7) Breakfast duty–last one, and only 4 days. I don’t mind too much because I get to leave early those days.