Saturday night Fred and I went to see Jurassic Park in 3D. Now, I’ve seen this movie so many times, I can recite the dialogue. A LOT of my phrases come from this movie. But I wanted to see it in 3D. There are plot holes (BOY HOWDY) and the ending is awful (T Rex saves the day!) but it remains one of my all-time favorites.
I do not have sophisticated taste in movies. I sent back Les Miserables without watching because I didn’t want to be depressed. The movies I love, the ones I can watch over and over again are mostly a mix of romance and action. Except Harry Potter.
This was going to be a top 10 list, but I couldn’t stop!
1) The Mummy. OMG, I love this movie. Even the mummy was in love in this movie.
2) Lord of the Rings, the whole trilogy. But if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Two Towers.
3) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I love the first movie, too, but this is my favorite.
4) Independence Day
5) Harry Potter, the first and last best
6) X-Men, the first
7) Avengers (okay, maybe no romance there)
8) O, Brother Where Art Thou?
9) Pirates of the Caribbean
11) Star Wars (the first best)
13) So Proudly We Hail
14) Romancing the Stone
15) Bridget Jones’s Diary
17) Best in Show
18) Perks of Being a Wallflower
19) Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
20) Battle Cry
22) How to Train Your Dragon
23) Pride and Prejudice (BBC)
25) The Commitments
26) The Princess Bride
27) Foul Play
28) The Money Pit
30) Star Trek–the new one