1) Baking like a fiend for weeks. This year I did it in two days. That was not better, though really, just one mess.
2) Opening presents Christmas Eve–my grandfather was in charge of distracting us so Santa could arrive early. Was a bit confusing if we saw the news later and the reports that Santa was on his way.
3) Eating sandwiches on Christmas Eve, usually on red and green bread. And chips. And cookies. Oh, so many cookies.
4) Watching Christmas shows on TV trays while the grown-ups ate in the dining room.
5) Getting up early to go to Mass–we didn’t start going to Midnight Mass until I was a teenager, I think. Was long and crowded. Not so bad these days.
What are some of your traditions? I need to fulfill 2 of mine–watch Elf and Christmas Vacation today, since A Christmas Story will be on tomorrow.