I like my heroines strong and a little sassy. I don’t like them too strong, too kick-ass, too cut-off from their emotions. I prefer for them to be pretty self-aware. I like them to be able to take initiative. Some of my favorites from books are:
1) Claire from Deborah Smith’s A Place to Call Home
2) Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice
3) Fiona from Nora Roberts’s The Search
4) Trixie Belden
5) Kit from The Witch of Blackbird Pond
6) Heroine from Shannon Stacey’s Slow Summer Kisses
7) Jax in Trish Miburn’s White Witch
8) Verity in Susanna Kearsley’s The Shadowy Horses
9) Tara Jean from Molly O’Keefe’s Can’t Buy Me Love
10) Alicia from Robyn Carr’s Forbidden Falls
I had Evie from the first Mummy movie there, too, but couldn’t really think of any other movie hero I liked as much. Maybe Mila Kunis’s character from Friends with Benefits.
What characteristics do you like in your heroines? Who are some of your favorite? Who wants to mend my black skirt so I can wear it today?