I wish I could remember the dream I had last night a little better. All I remember is walking through this parking garage-like structure with Jeremy Renner and we were discussing some kind of case. The next part I remember, I was stuck in a room somewhere, with other people, and I bent down and saw a child’s drawing of The Hulk, and it was some signal from Jeremy that he and The Hulk were coming to save us. That’s all I remember, and now I have a bit of a crush, which surprises me because he’s not at all handsome–short face, weird hair–plus he’s little. I like big guys. Still…want to use him as a hero, but my next hero is Alex O (yes, again) and the one after that is Jensen Ackles. I have a spot in mind for him down the road, though.
Okay. I have rules I follow on my summer vacation to make the most of my productivity.
1) No TV except at lunch and after dinner, unless it’s raining. I used to watch All My Children during lunch, then sew a bit. Not sure what I’ll watch now that it’s gone.
2) Sit outside as much as possible. I bought one of those Off clip-on things so I can do this if it’s not too hot. Last summer was just miserable. So if I can’t sit outside, I’ll sit in my sun room (only slightly cooler).
3) Open the windows as much as possible. Again, last summer it was too hot even in the evenings, but I like hearing the sounds from outside, even the traffic.
4) Write 500 words, clean 15 minutes. This should get me to my goal of 2000 words and an hour of housecleaning before lunch.
5) combine errands as much as possible. I like to run errands early when it’s not crowded. But mornings are my most productive writing times. So the fewer mornings I go out, the more productive I am.
6) Read a book a week. At least. That’s still only 11 books. We won’t talk about my TBR.
7) walk as often as possible. I have a beautiful neighborhood and an obese dog. I need to take advantage of the one and exercise the other.
What do you think? Too rigid? I don’t actually KNOW how to relax, but am afraid I won’t get anything done this summer if I don’t buckle down. I have to write at least one novel and one novella!
Speaking of, going to finish this TODAY!