Lucy and I have known each other for EONS, and I’m so happy she’s jumped into the indie publishing field. One thing I’ve noticed about this indie venture–it makes people EXCITED to be writing again! I read this book and it’s marvelous, so please comment for your chance to win!
Without further ado, here’s Lucy.
- What was the inspiration for this book?
It started with a bit of a dream that I remembered upon waking: a man and a woman in costume, at a party. She sat on his lap and kissed him, then took off before he got her name. I thought, after such an opener, that it would be a pretty spicy book, but she insisted there was no way she was going to sleep with him. Of course, I had to ask why…and the book went from there.
- What’s next for you?
I’m putting the finishing touches on Finding Refuge. Travis runs a construction company and is desperately trying to keep his addict brother from self-destructing. Andri is trying to rebuild her life after an engagement gone wrong. It’s angsty and emotional, but it’s been really satisfying to help these two come together and love each other through the difficulties. It’s the second in the series started by Mending Fences, and many of those characters appear in Finding Refuge.
- When you’re procrastinating, what do you do?
I am the queen of procrastination. Social networking, email, checking blogs and message boards can all keep me busy for hours. If that fails, there’s always housework or gardening.
- How many books in your TBR pile?
Um…which one? I have separate TBRs on my Nook, in my Kindle cloud, and stacked in various rooms of my house! I don’t even dare hazard a guess of how many there are, because that would mean facing the amount of money I’ve spent creating my TBR mountain range.
- What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
British television. Everything from the BBC newscast to the talk and game shows. My Doctor Who fandom knows no bounds. Oh, and I try to hide my chocolate-covered cinnamon bear supply from the family.
- Name 3 of your favorite things.
Only three? Well, besides the obvious “hubby” and “kids”…
- The forest I planted in my front yard, which keeps the house cool in the summer and serves as a home/feeding station for scores of wild birds. It rejuvenates my soul.
- Horses. Can’t help it, I’ve been a horse girl since I was tiny.
- Irish step dancing. It’s complicated and getting the steps translated from brain to feet isn’t easy, but it’s enormously fun to do. Plus my teen daughter does it with me!
- Where can readers find you?
At my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/lucyfrancisauthor
At my blog: http://www.lucyfrancis.net
Or on Twitter: @LucysKissyBooks